Monday, September 6, 2010

Street Fashion - Polka Dot Tie

People watching is something of a hobby of mine. I often find myself sitting back with a cup of coffee and watching the hustle and bustle of the world around me. My eye's are generally glued to what people are wearing. The sartorial choices of the everyday people around me are intriguing. That oh-so-elusive concept of style that is either inherent or otherwise, usually makes itself quite apparent. I'm guessing that there are many people, like me, who enjoy people watching. Thus, the fascination with Street Fashion and its explosion onto the fashion scene over the last decade. Granted, technology has aided the growth of fast fashion but I think that more than anything we're all just a little curious about other people.


This guy is someone that I would love to have the priviledge of people watching. His style is unique, brazen, and sophisticated. There is a whole lot going on and yet it all melds like the finest blended Scotch. The navy blazer seems to be the frame for the vest, dress shirt, and tie. Yet, there are so many little touches that could easily be missed such as the club collar, the military tuck of the tie, or the intentional non-buttoning at the bottom of the vest that leaves the belt buckle available to the eye. The clothing is wonderful but the confidance to where it well, is what Street Style is all about.
( Via Sartorialist )

No comments:

Post a Comment